ASSESSMENT TEST APPOINTMENT INFORMATION
We strongly recommend that you review Reading, English and Math skills before you take the test. Assessment results will affect which level course you take, may affect prerequisites for various courses, and may affect some financial aid situations and graduation requirements. Sample questions and links to sites for test review are included on the COD Assessment Testing webpage (www.collegeofthedesert.edu/assessment).
When scheduling an appointment
- The next screen will require that you create (register) a “Login” and “Password” to access the appointment schedule.
- You MUST use your College of the Desert Student ID number to schedule your appointment.
- Only one appointment allowed. If you need to reschedule, cancel your original appointment and then select a new date and time.
- If you have previously taken the test, you do not need to test again. A counselor can access and review your previous test scores with you.
- Counselors determine eligibility for retesting or taking only a specific section. This is allowed only with a counselor’s approval. If eligible, the counselor will provide an “Assessment Test Approval” form that must be turned in to the Testing Center at the time of your appointment.
- Check the test location/building when you finalize the appointment. Locate the building on our CAMPUS MAP (click here for printable map).
- You may park in any student space on campus. DO NOT PARK IN VISITOR OR STAFF SPACES. We will provide you with a temporary parking pass to place in your vehicle when you check in. Refer to the campus map for parking lot location.
- You are required to show a photo ID when you check in (i.e. driver’s license, school/employee id, passport). If you do not have a current photo ID, call the Testing Center for acceptable alternate forms of identification.
- The test does not have a time limit and we encourage you to take your time. The average testing time is approximately 2 hours.
- It is advisable to print the confirmation email you receive after you finalize your appointment.
Attention: A student who has neither a high school diploma nor its recognized equivalent (i.e. GED or certificate of completion) may become eligible to receive Financial Aid by achieving passing scores on the designated tests of the Assessment Test. Students attempting to qualify should notify the test administrator when they arrive for their appointment by stating the test is need for ATB purposes.
If you have any questions regarding the above information, please contact the Testing Office at (760)776-7413.
**** WHEN YOU CLICK ON THE ‘SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT’ BOX,
YOU WILL CONTINUE TO THE APPOINTMENT SCHEDULING SOFTWARE.